Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Wonderful Weekend Visit


Bob and I just returned from a wonderful visit in Fallbrook, CA with my son Jeff, his wife Marlene and my grandson Chase.  Fallbrook is only about an hour and 45 minutes away from our campsite here at the Sands RV Resort.  As an extra treat I also got to see my grandson Greg and his fiance Andi, both of whom are in the Navy, and are now in San Diego.  Greg took us on a tour of his ship the USS Essex, which is a an amphibious assault carrier.  It was a bit rough on Bob, since we had to go up so many flights of steps to get to the bridge, but he persevered, and it was well worth it!





On Sunday we toured the wineries at Temecula after doing an olive oil tasting.  Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures since it was a rainy day out.  It was lots of fun though, and we came home with a couple of good bottles of wine from the South Coast Winery as well as some tasty basil olive oil and pomegranate vinegar from the Temecula Olive Oil Company.  What a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment