Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Suwannee River State Park



On our way to Fort Pickens campground in Gulf Island National Seashore, we stayed at Suwannee River State Park for one night (on March 21st).  I was pleasantly surprised at how pretty this lovely little state park is.  Bob and I got a chance to walk down by the river in the evening.  The Suwannee River was running very fast because there has been some flooding and the river is very high.  In fact, rangers were telling people not to put canoes or kayaks in the river.


There are 30  campsites in the park, all of which have electric, water and sewer.  Our campsite was large and fairly easy to get into.  It was a great place for a one night stay.  We'll be staying here again on the way back home.


We really enjoyed our visit with my son Jim and his family while we were at Hillsborough State Park.  I'm sure that Mirra misses Jim - as you can see, he has a special way with her.



I'm being very careful with my Internet usage since we used almost 10 GB last month.  I use my Verizon phone's hot spot, and the data usage can really add up!  We've been at Fort Pickens since March 22nd,  but I'll catch up with that blog another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment